HERFST PROJECT 2018
– your autumn in 9 clicks –
What’s Het Herfst Project?
A hands on photography course for beginners, focussed on kids photography. You capture your herfst in 9 photo’s. In three session in sept/oct the basics of photography and your camera are explained; you’re getting introduced in the world of kids photography; you create your own moodboard which leads to your Herfst Project: 9 photo’s that reflects your family’s herfst. For example: 9 photo’s with a hint of blue in them. Or 9 photo’s in black&white, or close ups. Or 9 photo’s all to do with your daily family routines. There will aslo be an afternoon in october ‘the field’ to practise and get hands on help from Maud.
During the herfstvakantie and the weeks after there won’t be any meetings, you’re busy to capture your herfst! Your goal is to make 9 pictures that are coherent and form a perfect series. We keep in touch through a dedicated Facebook group and via email.
After that we meet one-to-one and you bring your selection of 9 (or more if you can’t choose) photo’s. Together we sit down and discuss your photo’s. So direct feedback, one to one, is given. I help with the editing and together we make your 9 photo’s fit together perfectly.
In the final meet up you all present your Herfst Project: your 9 photo’s. You explain why you choose these photo’s, what your goal was, what my feedback was etc. I will off course also present my Herfst Project, and give feedback on your work.
So: it’s a course about photography, it’s hands on, you have a reason to get your camera out of it’s bag this summer, you learn about kids’ photography and in the end you have 9 perfect photo’s that reflect your herfst! And maybe you’ll make some new friends.
AGENDA HERFST PROJECT:
- 11 september / 18 september / 2 october: three evening theory sessions
- 23 september: afternoon practice in the field with your own families – (Koudenhoorn eiland in Warmond)
- october (incl herfstvakantie) : working on your Herfst Project
- contact via emails / Facebook group
- in the week of 5 november: 1 individual session of 1 hour with maud (day/time booked individually)
- 13 november: final group session
September / October 3 meetings 19.30-22.00h: technical instructions about your camera | inspirational sessions for your own herfst project | composition | working with kids
September 23rd : meeting 15.30-17.00h: practical session
October: individually making photo’s and working on your own Herfst Project. Keeping in touch via a special Facebook group/ email.
November: a 1 hour one-to-one meeting: direct feedback on your selection of photo’s, helping with editing, creating your own ‘9 of autumn’. You sign up for your hour via the Facebook group.
November 13th: final group session 7.30-10.30 pm : everyone presents his/her Herfst Project, I give general feedback and more tips and tricks.
LOCATION: at Maud’s home in Oegstgeest (might change to another location in Oegstgeest or Leiden)
COSTS – 395 euro
- 3 group sessions of 2.5 hours
- 1 practical session in the field of 1,5 hours
- 1 one-to-one meeting of 1 hour
- 1 final group session of 3 hours
- feedback on your photo’s via Facebook email throughout the course
- nicely printed course guide
- access to Maud’s Photo Friends Cummunity on Facebook
ps. course is in Dutch