THE SUMMER PROJECT
– your summer in 9 perfect clicks –
What’s The Summer Project?
A hands on photography course for beginners, focussed on kids photography. You capture your summer in 9 photo’s. In three session in June the basics of your camera are explained; you’re getting introduced in the world of kids photography; you create your own moodboard which leads to your Summer Project: 9 photo’s that reflects your family’s summer. For example: 9 photo’s with a hint of blue in them. Or 9 photo’s in black&white, or close ups. Or 9 photo’s all to do with your daily family routines. There will aslo be a morning in June in ‘the field’ to practise and get hands on help from Maud.
During the Summer Holidays there won’t be any meetings, you’re busy to capture your summer! Your goal is to make 9 pictures that are coherent and form a perfect series. We keep in touch through a dedicated Facebook group and via email.
After that we meet one-to-one and you bring your selection of 9 (or more if you can’t choose) photo’s. Together we sit down and discuss your photo’s. So direct feedback, one to one, is given. I help with the editing and together we make your 9 photo’s fit together perfectly.
In the final meet up you all present your Summer Project: your 9 photo’s. You explain why you choose these photo’s, what your goal was, what my feedback was etc. I will off course also present my Summer Project, and give feedback on your work.
So: it’s a course about photography, it’s hands on, you have a reason to get your camera out of it’s bag this summer, you learn about kids’ photography and in the end you have 9 perfect photo’s that reflect your summer! And maybe you’ll make some new friends.
AGENDA SUMMER PROJECT:
- Tuesdays June 5th, 19th & 26th: three evening theory sessions
- Sunday June 24th at 15.30-17.00: practrice in the field with your own families – (Warmond)
- July & August: working on your personal Summer Project
- contact via emails / Facebook group
- September 4th or 5th: 1 individual session of 1 hour with me (times to be detirmined together, all day slots available)
- Tuesday September 11th: final evening, presentation of all your Summer Projects
June: 3 meetings 19.30-22.00h: technical instructions about your camera | inspirational sessions for your own spring project | composition |about working with kids.
June 24th: meeting 15.30-17.00.00h: practical session at the little island called Koudenhoorn in Warmond (Kagerplassen) with your own families.
July & August Summer Holidays: individually making photo’s and working on your own Summer Project. Keeping in touch via a special Facebook group/ email.
September 11th: final group session 7.30-10.00 pm : everyone presents his/her Summer Project, I give general feedback and more tips and tricks.
LOCATION: at Maud’s home in Oegstgeest
COSTS – 395 euro
- 3 group sessions of 2.5 hours
- 1 practical session in the field of 1,5 hours
- 1 one-to-one meeting of 1 hour
- 1 final group session of 3 hours
- feedback on your photo’s via Facebook email throughout the course
- nicely printed course guide